12 Innovative Uses of Print Marketing Materials
Print marketing materials have different uses aside from their normal function. Business cards, known as identity cards of professionals, can also be produced as discount or label cards by various establishments. The unconventional applications of print materials are useful when you you’re looking for more affordable substitutes for your needed print products. Listed below are print materials widely used for business and events and the unique ways you can use these for specific situations.
As mentioned above, business cards are versatile prints. The dimensions of traditional business cards can be practically used as:
- RSVP cards: If you think that RSVP cards are just additional cost to your events budget, business cards are practical substitutes to these prints.
- Label cards or Hang Tags The size of standard business cards (2”x3.5”) is similar or close to the dimensions of label cards. Check if the cost of business cards is cheaper than label cards; if so, you may choose the former to tag jars and bags. These are especially helpful to food entrepreneurs or mothers who are dying to put orders in their kitchens. These prints can also be used as gift cards during holidays. You can create your own design instead of settling for generic cards found in stores.
- Discount cards You may be familiar that the privilege cards offered in restaurants and retail stores to patrons. These often come in the size of business cards to make them handy for customers. Die-cut options are also available if you want to have creative shapes and sizes for your loyalty cards.
- Reference/Cue cards This alternative can be used for old or outdated business cards. If the paper of your business cards are able to be written on, you can use these as cue cards or reference cards for project proposals or presentations.
- Inspirational Message Cards Using your old business cards, you can create your own set of prints that has an inspirational message at the back of each card. Stack them on your desk for daily dose of motivational quotes.
Stickers are fun to work with and can be used for different purposes as well. The adhesive at the back of the prints makes these easy to stick onto containers, bags, notebooks, etc. Although there are ready-made sticker labels, you can personalize a layout to fit your preferences. Here are suggestions for alternative sticker uses:
- Souvenir Items Stickers can be souvenirs for events, campaigns and product launches. For example, people can show support to breast cancer awareness campaign by using sticker logos on vehicles.
- Store Freebie If you own a shop or brick and mortar store, you don’t need an event to be able to give away stickers. Print your logo or business name on stickers and give one to each of your customers. It is an affordable freebie that can increase brand recognition among your clients.
Postcards aren’t just prints sent out to loved ones who live far away. Likewise, these have more purposes than direct mail marketing materials of businesses. Postcards are useful to different fields and professions:
- Greeting cards Postcards are sturdy prints that can substitute greeting cards. If you find an affordable printing deal for postcards, grab that chance to create cards for the holidays or other occasions.
- Comp Cards Models use comp cards (or zed cards) as their ‘business cards’ in looking for agency representation. These contain full-body pictures and head shots of models. Basically, comp cards are postcards with a different name. The good thing is postcards are usually more affordable than comp cards. So if you are under a tight budget, you can order postcards instead.
- Save the Date Cards Design your save-the-date cards for that special occasion and let your chosen printing company print those as postcards. You can have your cards in traditional 5”x7” prints or a customized smaller or bigger size.
Brochures are popular marketing materials used to inform customers about a business or institution. But below are a couple of other applications of brochures:
- Take Out Menu Check the prices of brochures and take-out menus from your chosen printing company. If brochures cost cheaper than take-out menus, you can use them instead. These two materials are usually printed on a similar kind of paper and will probably have the same quality.
- Handouts Brochures can be used as handouts for seminars or lectures. These prints are designed to have large amount of details without cluttering text and images. Event organizers can also print their program on folded brochures for an organized list of speakers and flow of topics. You can avoid producing multi-page handouts which is more costly compared to brochures.
The alternative uses of these are not limited to the examples listed above. Be resourceful in applying these materials to your respective work or projects. Lastly, look for the best deals from printing resources to make the most out of your money.
Michelle writes for PrintRunner about marketing of and design inspiration for print brochures, posters and other print materials. Off field, she’s a self-proclaimed photographer, chef and movie critique. She plans on taking over the world by taking photos of remarkable places and indigenous people.
- Using a Calendar as a Marketing Tool
- The Benefits of Outdoor Advertsing
- How to Create a Lasting Impression with a Business Catalogue