How Small And Medium Sized Companies Can Manage Absence Effectively
Small and medium sized companies do not have a large pool of employees to manage their affairs. As such, each employee is valuable to the companies, and the absence of one or two employees may have serious implications. Managing absence in such companies is an important aspect of the business.
Proper absence management will help the organization to:
- Avoid recruitment and training costs
- Avoid legal charges being instituted against the company
- Ensure prompt and smooth return of employees to work
- Keep the business running in the absence of some employees
- Improved working relations achieved through well coordinated leave
Staff could be absent from the workplace for different reasons. Some, like annual leave are predictable and can be easily planned for, but some circumstances are beyond an individual’s control. Even then, they have to be properly managed and accounted for so as to prevent crippling the business.